Making apple cider vinegar has got to be one of the easiest things I have made in my kitchen.
Optional (Apple cider vinegar with mother in it.)
Quart Ball jars or any size jars you want! Sterilized.
Muslin cloth, kitchen towels, or coffee filters
rubber bands or string
- Apples-Cut out cores and slice into wedges like making apple pie.
- Place in the jar and fill it 2/3’s full with apples.
- Fill with water to the top of jar.
- Add 2 tablespoons of sugar to 1 Quart jar (or 2 tbspns to 4 cups of water-measure accordingly depending on size of jars.).
- It you want to a a splash of apple cider vinegar with the mother in it to the jar you can-or not!
- Cover with muslin and use jar lid or rubber band (string) to secure closed.
- Place in a dark place from light and agitate the jar daily for 2 weeks.
- Strain apples out and then again put the vinegar fluid back the jars with the coverings for another 4 weeks.
- VOILA you have vinegar!!!!!